GHENT 2017 - GENERAL INFORMATION
9000 Ghent DO NOT FOLLOW GPS INSTRUCTRUCTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS.
Tel: +32 (0)9 264 83 05
Instructions on driving to the congress can be found here.
The congress language is English. For technologists, the core program will be in English, but the abstract communication session on Saturday morning will be in the language of choice of the presenter (English, French or Dutch), with English slides.
Parking is not included in the congress registration. The use of parking Sint-Michiels is recommended.
- From Ghent Sint-Pieters railway station:
tram 1 (every 6 minutes) or tram 24 (every 20 minutes). Exit at the “Korenmarkt”.
- From Ghent “Zuid”:
tram 4 (every 6 minutes) or tram 24 (every 20 minutes) or bus 17 (every 30 minuten). Exit at the “Korenmarkt”.
During the whole conference there will be free WIFI:
- In the Pand:
Make a wireless connection with "UGentGuest". If you have set up to request an IP address automatically, you will receive an IP address starting with 193.190.8x.
You are now connected, but not yet authenticated. You should start a webbrowser and you will be redirected to a logon screen. If not surf to http://www.ugent.be. Enter the username and password as mentioned below:
Do not pass on the login information to others.
- During the Gala Dinner (Oude Vismijn): see info on screens
The name badge must be worn in a visible manner at all time during the congress and the Gala Dinner. No entry without badge will be allowed at either venue!
If you should have any questions or problems regarding your name badge: please proceed to the registration desk.
At het registration desk you may ask any practical questions related to the conference: we are there to help you!
The staff may be recognized by their badges.
REGISTRATION DESK: LOCATION & OPENING HOURS
The registration desk is located on the right side from the main entrance of Het Pand.
- Friday May 5th 17.30 - 21.00
- Saturday May 6th 07:00 - 18:00
- Sunday May 7th 08:30 - 12:45
LOST & FOUND
Lost and found items may be handed over to the registration desk.
Accreditation for the 18th Symposium of the Belgian Society of Nuclear Medicine has been requested to the following agencies (more information on www.belnuc.be):
- RIZIV/ INAMI: Nuclear Medicine on Saturday May 6th and Ethics & Economy on Sunday May 7th.
- FANC/AFCN: The symposium qualifies for 5h30 continuing education for nuclear medicine physicians, 0h30 for nuclear medicine physicians RX, 4h30 for nuclear medicine radiation physicists, 4 hours for radiopharmacists and 2 hours for nuclear medicine helpers.
GALA DINER SATURDAY 6th MAY EVENING
The event will take place in “Feestzalen Oude Vismijn”.
Address: Rekelingenstraat 1, 9000 Ghent
This is located on walking distance from the main hotels (Marriott, Novotel Gent Centrum, Ibis Gent Kathedraal), see the maps at the end of the book.
Drinks start at 20.00 hours; dinner will start at 20.15 hours.
Badges have to be worn!
CLOAK ROOM (UNGUARDED)
Coats can be disposed in an unguarded cloak room in room “Rector Vermeylenzaal”, second floor (where the Technologists session takes place).
The use of this cloak room is at your own risk.
The opening hours are similar to those of the registration desk.
COFFEE / TEA / LUNCHES
During the congress refreshments and lunch will be served in the room “Kappitelzaal” (Ground Floor, between rooms “Refter” and “Sacristie”).
- Medical: posters are on display in the corridor “Zuidergang”, which is located on the ground floor beyond the room “Kappitelzaal” and opposite the room “Sacristie”. The posters are ordered by category and number.
These posters can be viewed from the first coffee break (10:05 – 10:40) on Saturday 6th May on until the coffee break on Sunday 7th May (10:45 – 11:15)
- Physics & Engineering: posters are on display in the corridor “Zuidergang”, which is located on the ground floor beyond the room “Kappitelzaal” and opposite the room “Sacristie”. The posters are ordered by category and number.
These posters can be viewed from the first coffee break (10:05 – 10:40) on Saturday 6th May until 18:15 on Saturday 6th May.
- Radiopharmacy & Radiochemistry: posters are on display in the room “Priorzaal’ on the first floor. The posters are ordered by number.
These posters can be viewed from the first coffee break (10:05 – 10:40) on Saturday 6th May until 18:15 on Saturday 6th May